Register as an app developer
The Windows Phone Dev Center has everything you need to create great apps and publish them in the Windows Phone Store for the world to see, try, and buy. You can download the development tools for free and start creating your app right away!
When you’re ready, you’ll need a developer account to publish your apps in the Store. When you register with Windows Phone Dev Center, you’ll also be registered with the Windows Dev Center.
Here’s what you can already do for free:
- Build Windows Phone apps and Windows Store apps
- Get free development tools, including a Windows Phone emulator to test your app on
- Sideload your apps so you can test them on your own Windows Phone
- Find resources from Microsoft and the developer community that can help you succeed
Here’s what you can do after you register for your developer account:
- Submit free and paid apps to the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store
- Manage your apps and track their progress
- Get paid for your apps!
How do I get started?
When you’re ready to join our community of developers and submit your apps to the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store, sign up for either an individual/student account or a company account by clicking below. Have your payment method (or token) handy, and make sure that you’re signed in with the Microsoft account that you want to associate with your developer account. You can get a Microsoft account during the signup process if you don’t already have one.
Already have a Windows Dev Center account? We’ll get you set up to submit apps to the Windows Phone Store after you click Accept and continue below.
By clicking the Accept and continue button, I agree to be bound by the App Developer Agreement. If accepting on behalf of a company, I represent that I am authorized to act on my company’s behalf.